Type of Program:
The Presenter Support Organizations sub-component provides financial assistance to organizations that offer activities and services to arts presenters (professional arts festivals and performing arts series presenters) in order to strengthen the arts presentation sector.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 25% of eligible expenses or a maximum of $100,000 per fiscal year in the case of grants or $200,000 per year in the case of contributions.
On rare occasions, for projects offered in communities facing unusual barriers that cannot be overcome without substantial assistance, or for artistic disciplines that are underserved, funding can go up to 50% of eligible expenses.
The average level of support ranges from 7% to 17% of eligible expenses, depending on the region.
Total government funding cannot exceed 90% of the total project-related costs.
When It Ends:
April 1 each year
The applicant must be:
Applicants must complete, sign and date the General Application Form (PDF Version, 299 KB), attach all the required supporting document and submit it in only one format (by mail, email or in-person).
Applicants must submit a complete application package, including
- 1the General Application Form,
- 2a Budget Template: Revenues and Expenses,
- 3sample professional artist contract or letter of agreement used by their organization,
- 4promotional materials (brochures, programs or reports of past events),
- 5the organizational chart including a list of permanent employees,
- 6the list of board members, their professional occupations and the list of volunteer committees,
- 7current planning documents, if available,
- 8a board resolution authorizing this application and designating the person with signing authority (duly signed by the board chair or president of your organization),
- 9the curriculum vitae of the executive director,
- 10copy of the letters of patent and their amendments or the corporate charter,
- 11the most recent financial statements (audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of $250,000 or more; or new applicants with an operating budget greater than $500,000, and non-audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of less than $250,000; or new applicants with an operating budget of $500,000 or less),
- 12the completed Schedule of Completed Activities/Service and Actual Results, only for first-time applicants,
- 13a one-page history of their organization, only for first-time applicants.
Other Things to Note:
- 1The CAPF has two main components – Programming and Development. The CAPF Programming component has two streams: Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters; and Presenter Support Organizations.
- 2Application deadline: April 1st for projects which will occur after April 1st of the following year. When an application falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.