No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters stream provides support to existing professional arts festivals and performing arts series presenters, to offer a variety of professional artistic experiences to Canadians.
Comments on Funding:
For Professional Arts Festivals funding is up to 25% of eligible expenses or a maximum of $100,000 per fiscal year in the case of grants and 25% of eligible expenses or $500,000 per year in the case of contributions. In exceptional circumstances, support of up to $1,000,000 may be available for festivals with total eligible expenses over $5,000,000.
For Performing Arts Series Presenters funding is up to 25% of eligible expenses, or a maximum of $100,000 in the case of grants and $200,000 in the case of contributions.
The average level of support ranges from 7% to 17% of eligible expenses, depending on the region.
Total government funding cannot exceed 90% of the total project-related costs.
When It Ends:
April 1 each year
October 1 each year
The applicant must be:
All eligible organizations must:
Performing Arts Series Presenters must also:
Professional Arts Festivals must also:
Media arts festivals must also:
Applicants must complete, sign and date the General Application Form (PDF Version, 299 KB), attach all the required supporting document and submit it in only one format (by mail, email or in-person).
Applicants must submit a complete application package, including:
- 1the General Application Form,
- 2a Budget Template: Revenues and Expenses,
- 3the Proposed Activities and Projected Results,
- 4sample professional artist contract or letter of agreement used by their organization,
- 5promotional materials (brochures, programs or reports of past events),
- 6the organizational chart including a list of permanent employees,
- 7the list of board members, their professional occupations and the list of volunteer committees,
- 8current planning documents, if available,
- 9a board resolution authorizing this application and designating the person with signing authority (duly signed by the board chair or president of your organization),
- 10the curriculum vitae of the executive director (and artistic director, if applicable),
- 11copy of the letters of patent and their amendments or the corporate charter,
- 12the most recent financial statements (audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of $250,000 or more; and for new applicants with an operating budget greater than $500,000, and non-audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of less than $250,000; and for new applicants with an operating budget of $500,000 or less),
- 13the completed Activities and Actual Results, only for first-time applicants,
- 14a one-page history of their organization, only for first-time applicants.
Other Things to Note:
- 1The CAPF has two main components – Programming and Development. The CAPF Programming component has two streams: Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters; and Presenter Support Organizations.
- 2Application deadlines: April 1st and October 1st for projects which will occur after April 1st of the following year: