Comments on Funding:
For Professional Arts Festivals funding is up to 25% of eligible expenses or a maximum of $100,000 per fiscal year in the case of grants and 25% of eligible expenses or $500,000 per year in the case of contributions. In exceptional circumstances, support of up to $1,000,000 may be available for festivals with total eligible expenses over $5,000,000.
For Performing Arts Series Presenters funding is up to 25% of eligible expenses, or a maximum of $100,000 in the case of grants and $200,000 in the case of contributions.
The average level of support ranges from 7% to 17% of eligible expenses, depending on the region.
Total government funding cannot exceed 90% of the total project-related costs.
The applicant must be:
All eligible organizations must:
Performing Arts Series Presenters must also:
Professional Arts Festivals must also:
Media arts festivals must also:
Applicants must submit a complete application package, including:
- the General Application Form,
- a Budget Template: Revenues and Expenses,
- the Proposed Activities and Projected Results,
- sample professional artist contract or letter of agreement used by their organization,
- promotional materials (brochures, programs or reports of past events),
- the organizational chart including a list of permanent employees,
- the list of board members, their professional occupations and the list of volunteer committees,
- current planning documents, if available,
- a board resolution authorizing this application and designating the person with signing authority (duly signed by the board chair or president of your organization),
- the curriculum vitae of the executive director (and artistic director, if applicable),
- copy of the letters of patent and their amendments or the corporate charter,
- the most recent financial statements (audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of $250,000 or more; and for new applicants with an operating budget greater than $500,000, and non-audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of less than $250,000; and for new applicants with an operating budget of $500,000 or less),
- the completed Activities and Actual Results, only for first-time applicants,
- a one-page history of their organization, only for first-time applicants.
Other Things to Note:
- The CAPF has two main components – Programming and Development. The CAPF Programming component has two streams: Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters; and Presenter Support Organizations.
- Application deadlines: April 1st and October 1st for projects which will occur after April 1st of the following year:
- April 1st is the application deadline for projects starting between April 1st and June 30th of the following year.
- All other applicants must contact their regional office to determine which deadline is appropriate for their organization. When an application falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.