Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant of up to $10,000.
- restaurants and bars;
- facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms);
- performing arts and cinemas;
- museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions;
- performing arts venues and cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions;
- meeting or event spaces;
- tour and guide services;
- conference centres and convention centres;
- driving instruction for individuals;
- before- and after- school programs.
Eligible businesses that previously qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant will be pre-screened to verify eligibility and may need to provide some additional information but will not need to apply for the new program. Newly established and newly eligible small businesses will need to apply once the application portal opens in the coming weeks.
Other Things to Note:
Applications for the Ontario COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant will be open in the coming weeks.