No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The SDF will enable market-driven solutions and unlock the economic potential of skilled trades and broader workforce development initiatives to facilitate economic recovery.
Comments on Funding:
There are no maximum or minimum funding amounts. However, the fund is intended to have a significant impact, so MLTSD will first consider applications with a project budget greater than $150,000 and may choose to fund all or a portion of the applicant’s request.
Although not required, applicants are strongly encouraged to seek additional funding sources to support their application.
When It Ends:
March 31, 2022
In cases where an application is submitted by a consortium of partners, the lead organization for the consortium is the primary applicant and the primary contact for MLTSD on all matters related to the submitted application, including being the responsible party under a Transfer Payment Agreement.
If the application is selected for funding, the primary applicant will be accountable to MLTSD for managing and executing the development and delivery of the project, including resource management and satisfaction of performance and financial obligations established by MLTSD in the Transfer Payment Agreement.
The following organizations are only eligible to apply to the SDF either as a co-applicant with one of the organizations above or as a non-lead organization in a consortium of partners:
- 1Publicly assisted colleges, universities, or Indigenous Institutes in Ontario; and
- 2Private career colleges registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
register with Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON) to access the SDF Round 2 application form. TPON is the Province of Ontario’s online application system for grant funding.
submit their applications through TPON.
If an application is selected for funding, funding will be distributed through Transfer Payment Agreements signed between the Province and the selected applicants.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Round 2 of the SDF will use an open and continuous application process beginning September 29, 2021 to March 2022.
- 2The amount of funding available in the 2021-22 fiscal year (ending March 31, 2022) to support the launch of Round 2 of the SDF is $83.3M.
- 3For questions regarding the SDF program, submission process, or any other inquiries please contact SkillsDevelopmentFund@ontario.ca .