Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 30% of eligible costs in the form of a grant to a maximum of $3 million.Stacking with other government funding programs (for example, federal, provincial and municipal) is allowed to a maximum of 75% of eligible project costs.
- forestry-related not-for-profit corporations;
- incorporated not-for-profit industry association representing a sector of Ontario’s forest industry;
- Ontario forest and wood products corporations;
- extra-provincial forest and wood products corporations;
- federal forest and wood products corporations;
- foreign forest and wood products corporations provided they have incorporated a Canadian/Ontario subsidiary and such entity will be the applicant;
- Ontario-based post-secondary education institution.
- process innovation/modernization with broad application;
- product innovation, new product development with benefits up and down the supply chain;
- product innovation, new product development with broad benefits across Ontario’s forest sector and/or other related sectors (such as wood building construction and design) of Ontario’s economy.
There is a 2-stage application and evaluation process, as following:
Other Things to Note:
FSIIP will follow an open, competitive rounds-based application process.