Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a rebate and will cover the entire length of time that regionally targeted public health restrictions are in place.
- be an Ontario small business with a business number (a corporation, unincorporated business, partnership, charity, non-profit organization or any other type of entity operating a business in Ontario);
- have been required to close or restrict services subject to the Provincewide Shutdown effective 12:01 a.m. on December 26;
- have fewer than 100 employees at the enterprise level;
- have experienced a minimum of 20% revenue decline comparing April 2020 to April 2019 revenues. New businesses established since April 2019 are also eligible provided they meet the other eligibility criteria.
Eligible businesses in regions that are or were subject to Control restrictions or previously modified Stage 2 restrictions include:
In addition, eligible businesses in regions subject to Lockdown measures in the previous COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open, include:
In addition, eligible businesses in regions subject to the Provincewide Shutdown measures, include:
Businesses will not be eligible if they are:
Applicants will be able to complete a single form to apply for any – or all – of these programs: PPE support, property tax rebates, energy cost rebates or the Ontario Small Business Support Grant.
Applicants must provide the following:
- business information (including legal name and CRA business number);
- contact information;
- property tax details, including their property tax bills (or proof of costs associated with property taxes);
- bank details.
Other Things to Note:
- Applications for property tax and energy cost rebates in respect of October 2020 to July 2021 closed on July 30, 2021. Applications received before the deadline are being reviewed.
- Program no longer active in January 2022.