Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $50,000, out of which 50% is a grant and 50% repayable financing at 0% until December 31, 2023.
- businesses registered in Ontario that are majority owned (i.e., at least 51%) by First Nation person or people; OR
- a joint venture or consortium which is majority owned (i.e., at least 51%) by the First Nation partner(s);
Applicants with the financial means to fund the project are not eligible.
Applicants must provide:
- a business plan for the BRF, including details of the proposed activity, a sound budget with eligible funding activities demonstrating acceptable value for money in terms of output and results, as well as outline the viability of the project to assist the business to recover from the pandemic;
- confirmation that other available sources of financing from public and private sources are either not available or are limited in terms of availability, funding levels, or based on their specific criteria;
- confirmation as to why the project cannot be funded without BRF support. Applicants with the financial means to fund the project are not eligible.
Other Things to Note:
Funding, which extends until March 31, 2022, is provided through the Indigenous Economic Development Fund by the Ministry of Indigenous Affairs.