No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Strategic Partnerships Initiative (SPI) helps Indigenous communities participate in complex economic opportunities.
SPI promotes partnerships between federal and non-federal groups in key economic areas. This allows SPI to support opportunities that are not eligible for other federal funding. SPI initiatives can span multiple years, have regional economic impacts and serve multiple communities.
Comments on Funding:
No other details available.
When It Ends:
Those eligible to participate in SPI initiatives include:
Eligible recipients do not apply directly for funding. Federal partners work with Indigenous communities to identify opportunities to bring to SPI's interdepartmental investment committee for consideration.
The committee vets and then supports the co-development of chosen initiatives.
Application processes may vary depending on the initiatives’ objectives.
For more information, a list of current initiatives and contact information in your area, please email IPS-SPI@canada.ca.
Other Things to Note:
- 1economic readiness;
- 2economic infrastructure;
- 3expanding viable businesses;
- 4pre-feasibility and feasibility studies;
- 5environmental diagnostics and evaluations;
- 6community economic development planning;
- 7skills development and training. $14.45 million is budgeted for SPI funding per year.