Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant that will cover the apprentice salary for 4-months up to a maximum of $4,000 per month and be paid out in months 1, 2, 11 and 12.
Businesses are eligible to receive funding for 1 apprentice per year to a maximum of two apprentices.
To find out how to participate as employers, applicants must complete the online form available on the program’s webpage.
Applicants (Employers) must submit a job posting, which covers the following:
- Include as much detail as possible in their job description.
- Talk about their company! What do they do? What is different about their organization?
- What type of candidate are they looking for? Use descriptive words that students can identify with.
- How does this role fit into their organization? Do they have a team this individual will be a part of? What are they working towards?
- What are the responsibilities associated with this position? Provide as many as possible!
- What are the qualifications? Do not overload on technical skills. REMEMBER: Students are new to the job market but are very willing to learn!
Other Things to Note:
In 2022, the program will provide funding for 25 positions. Students will have access to job postings on the Queen’s Career Services website.