Comments on Funding:
Financial assistance is allocated on a cost-sharing basis. Livres Canada Books contribution will be based on 70% of the eligible expenses of the recipient of the Mentoring – Funding Support. The funding recipient will assume the remaining 30% of total eligible expenses.
- Applicants must provide a breakdown of their digital export sales, as much as possible;
- Applicants must provide the company’s most recent catalogue if they do not have an online catalogue;
- Applicants with sales of eligible Canadian-authored books according to Canada Book Fund equal to or greater than $3 million (Application Form – Part B, Line 4) during the reference year, including any distribution fee adjustment, must provide audited financial statements for the company’s most recent financial period;
- Applicants with sales of Canadian-authored titles below $3 million must provide at minimum a review engagement report. Compilation engagements (or notice to reader) and internal statements are not accepted;
- For the confirmation of eligible export sales, the applicant must include in the application either:
a) a signed statement by an independent public accountant on the accountant’s official letterhead confirming the level of their eligible export sales (Application Form – Part B, Line 3) for their most recently completed financial period (sample statements available on the website). The audited financial statements or review engagement report and the statement by an independent public accountant on eligible export sales must refer to the same financial period;
b) audited financial statements or a review engagement report including the eligible export sales.
- For the confirmation of royalty payments, the applicant must include in the application a signed statement by an independent public accountant on the accountant’s official letterhead confirming the applicant has fulfilled all contractual obligations with respect to author royalty payments or any other method of paying authors for their most recently completed financial period. Alternatively, the royalty certification can be presented as a note in the audited/reviewed financial statements rather than as a separate letter;
- If the applicant has submitted an application to Livres Canada Books’ funding programs in 2021-2022, the applicant must provide financial documents to Livres Canada Books for the following reference year.