Comments on Funding:
Funding starts at $ 15,000 and the financial contribution of the partner organization starts at $ 7,500.
Accelerate International projects can be undertaken in the following Mitacs partner countries and regions:
- European Union:
c) United Kingdom;
d) Travel to other EU countries only where projects are a part of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) RISE program.
- Hong Kong;
- United States.
- and more…
Applicants must submit their completed proposal package at least 16 weeks prior to the planned start date. A complete internship application package must include the following:
- The proposal completed and signed by all parties in Word format:
- The Mitacs Accelerate Memorandum (Section 7) with signatures must be submitted as a scanned PDF;
- Appendix A – Accelerate Intern Consent Form signed;
- Appendix B – Accelerate International in addition to this entire application;
- Intern(s) CV (Any format is allowed. A CV template is available on the Mitacs website);
- Lead Academic Supervisor’s CV for each participating academic institution only for projects with 6+ IUs (CCV as per Tri-Council or other CV format);
- Accelerate budget and invoicing schedule (Excel spreadsheet);
- Any supplementary documents (as applicable).
- International Pre-Departure Form and Code of Conduct and Ethics form may be forwarded to Mitacs after the application submission; however, funds cannot be released and the internship may not begin until Mitacs receives these forms;
- Indemnity Agreement (as applicable) *Please contact your Business Development representative to find out whether this document is required.
- Visit the Accelerate International website to determine if there is any additional required documentation for the country applicants intend to work with.
* An incomplete application or a modified form will result in a delay in the proposal evaluation process.
Completing their internship – Deliverables for projects involving international travel:
- Final report template [zip];
- Exit survey from the intern (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the internship);
- Exit survey from the professor (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project);
- Exit survey from the partner organization (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project).