Comments on Funding:
The award provides either $10,000 or $15,000 per intern to allow them to undertake a four-month internship project with a partner organization in Canada.
The BSI program will provide an award of $10,000 per intern with the full amount of the award going towards intern stipend. The partner organization will contribute $5,000 towards the award.
Alternatively, partner organizations can select a $15,000 funding model where up to $5,000 of the funds can be used for eligible project costs or to top up an intern stipend. Any combination of funding is allowed as long as the minimum intern stipend is $10,000 and the minimum partner organization contribution is $7,500.
Academic institutions must:
- they have student status at the academic institution for the duration of the internship;
- they are covered under the institution’s insurance, the same as full-time students;
- the institution can pay the intern a salary or stipend from the Mitacs grant;
- the intern can commit to the project for the appropriate duration (BSI internships are four months and may be spread over up to six months to accommodate other commitments).
Academic supervisors must:
Partner organizations must:
When applying through the RAP
- Applicants must submit the completed and signed BSI proposal template.
- Academic supervisors will be required to submit COI documentation when applying through the RAP.
Other Things to Note:
Due to COVID-19, in-person check-ins with academic supervisors may be difficult to complete. Are virtual check-ins acceptable?
For any Business Strategy Internship occurring over Summer and Fall 2020, virtual interactions are recommended.