Morrissette Accelerator – Western University
The Morrissette Accelerator program is a great opportunity for high-growth startups to accelerate the growth of their businesses. Over the course of 12-15 weeks, ventures accepted into the program will receive hands-on mentorship and educational training from in-house experts and industrial partners.
Comments on Funding:
- $12,000 for the winter and fall cohorts for the 4 months program;
- $9,000 for the summer cohort for the 3 months program.
*A final decision regarding on-campus program placement will be made in April 2021. Based on COVID-19 restrictions, a blended or online approach may be followed.
There are two parts to the application for the Morrissette Accelerator.
Stage 1: All teams are required to submit a written application via the GUST platform. The next application link will be live in February 2022. This application will be for our Summer 2022 cohort, which runs from May – July 2022.
- executive summary;
- company logo;
- company website;
- team picture;
- Youtube link to their 3-minute Investor Pitch Video;
- outube link to their 1-minute Marketing Video / Advertisement;
- Investor Pitch Slide Deck.
Other Things to Note:
- The Summer 2022 Morrissette Accelerator program will run Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 2, 2022, to July 29, 2022.
- There are 3 cohorts per year:
- Winter Cohort (January-April; Business Stage: Growth and Scaling; Program tailored towards Western alumni, MBAs and researchers, Program time: 4 months);
- Summer Cohort (May-July; Business Stage: Idea-stage and validation; Program tailored to Western students and recent alumni; Program time: 3 months);
- Fall Cohort (September to December; Business Stage: Growth and Scaling; Program tailored towards Western alumni and researchers; Program time: 4 months).
When It Ends:
Intakes open early February 2022 for the Summer Cohort; early July 2022 for the Fall Cohort
March 14, 2022 for the Summer CohortNext deadlines to be determined