Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $50,000 per project. It is $20,000 for bringing international professionals to Canada. The aid may under no circumstances exceed 75% of the accepted costs or of the actual eligible costs if these turn out to be lower.
The applicant must be:
The applicant must submit the following required documents in support of the application:
- The Declarations tab of the form duly signed by the applicant;
- Agreements signed with the partner event, media partners or other;
- The Project, Budget and Balance Sheet and Artists tabs duly completed; and
- On request only, a copy of sound recordings not financed by Musicaction.
Filing of completion:
- In other cases, the applicant must, no later than three months following the end of the project, submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , its completion by completing the form in Excel format sent when the project is accepted. This form includes a statement of income and expenses associated with carrying out the project, a summary table of each of the expenses incurred and an activity report;
- The completion must be explicit on the direct benefits of the project for the selected artists. Musicaction reserves the right to demand from the applicant the concrete results of the operation carried out and this, 6 months or more after this one;
- The applicant must also send all the following documents:
- The Declarations tab of the duly signed form;
a) A copy of the letter of acceptance from any other source of funding;
b) A press kit for the event, if applicable;
c) A copy of the promotional tools developed, if applicable;
d) Fixed screen captures showing the web activities carried out; and
e) Advertising contracts with proof of publication, if applicable.
- Following the completion analysis, the applicant must submit a copy of all invoices and proof of payment selected and required by the administration;
- As a general rule, this first sample of coins corresponds to 50% of the lesser of these two amounts:
a) The total expenses submitted, presented in the balance sheet;
b) The total expenditure required to justify the total amount of the commitment, according to the percentage of expenditure covered by the program.
- For each inadmissible document, the corresponding amount is inadmissible and cut from the balance sheet. Other documents may then be required to reach the level of verification required and, depending on the case, it may reach 100% of the expenses submitted to the report;
- The originals of the invoices and proof of payment must be kept by the applicant for a period of five years following the end of the project and are due at any time;
- Accepted proofs of payment are:
a) Cleared checks or check imaging;
b) Copies of checks and bank statement showing the transaction;
c) Internet payment and debit card: bank statement;
d) Payment by credit card: monthly card statement.
Other Things to Note:
The project must be completed within nine months of its acceptance.