Comments on Funding:
Individual proposals can request at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from NSERC (Alliance or Engage grant) and at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from OCE VIP, with a corresponding $30,000 from the industry partner (at least 50% must be spent at the academic institution).
- Canadian R&D and/or manufacturing operations related directly to the project, and the capability to exploit the research results;
- under 500 full-time employees globally;
- been in operations for a minimum of two years.
Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with experts in fields other than the natural sciences and engineering, where appropriate, since implementing policy or applying the research results can depend on socioeconomic considerations as well as scientific understanding.
Academic researchers outside the natural sciences and engineering may participate in proposals as co-applicants if they meet NSERC’s eligibility requirements for the type, duration and nature of the appointment. Research costs for these collaborations may account for up to 30 percent of the project costs and must be identified in the project budget
Applicants must submit:
- the VIP Alliance proposal template provided by OCE;
- Form 100A – Personal data form;
- Form 101 – Application for a grant.
Other Things to Note:
- Differences of the matching amounts from the industry partner between NSERC website ($20,000 to $30,000) and OCI guidelines ($30,000). Being more restrictive and updated in the same period, I inserted the information in the OCI guidelines. Check with NSERC which one is the correct version.
- Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCI) changed name to Ontario Centers of Innovation (OCI).