Comments on Funding:
Individual proposals can request at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from NSERC (Alliance or Engage grant) and at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from OCE VIP, with a corresponding $30,000 from the industry partnerNSERC budget limitations:
- up to 20% of the budget for equipment/material/operating costs;
- up to 20% of the budget for overhead/administration;
- up to 10% of the budget for project management;
- up to $9,000/course/semester) faculty release costs.
- Canadian R&D and/or manufacturing operations related directly to the project, and the capability to exploit the research results;
- 5-499 full-time employees;
- been in operations for a minimum of two years.
- the VIP Engage proposal template provided by OCE;
- a letter of support from the company involved in the project that outlines the company’s support for, contribution to, and agreement with the research project plan;
- Form 103CV (form-fillable) – CCI Personal Data Form and instructions,
- Form 103 – Application for the CCI Program,
- Form 183A – Information Required from Organizations Participating in Research Partnerships.
Other Things to Note:
- Differences of the matching amounts from the industry partner between NSERC website ($20,000 to $30,000) and OCI guidelines ($30,000). Being more restrictive and updated in the same period, I inserted the information in the OCE guidelines. Check with NSERC which one is the correct version.
- Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCE) changed name to Ontario Centers of Innovation (OCI).