Type of Program:
In partnership, NSERC Engage grants and OCI’s Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) will support post-secondary R&D collaborations with the highest potential for regional economic development and commercialization in Ontario.
Engage grants projects are aimed at addressing a company-specific problem.
The Voucher for Innovation and Productivity program (VIP) supports the collaboration between Academia and Industry to solve an industry‐based problem and drive the commercialization of Intellectual Property (IP).
Comments on Funding:
Individual proposals can request at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from NSERC (Alliance or Engage grant) and at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from OCE VIP, with a corresponding $30,000 from the industry partner
NSERC budget limitations:
When It Ends:
The industry partner must connect with their business development and commercialization manager to start the application process. The opportunity will undergo an initial vetting and due diligence assessment by OCE to ensure that opportunities fulfill all eligibility criteria and are suitable. If the opportunity is selected as eligible and suitable, applicants will be sent the Potential for commercialization template for VIP Engage.
- 1the VIP Engage proposal template provided by OCE;
- 2a letter of support from the company involved in the project that outlines the company's support for, contribution to, and agreement with the research project plan;
- 3Form 103CV (form-fillable) – CCI Personal Data Form and instructions,
- 4Form 103 – Application for the CCI Program,
- 5Form 183A – Information Required from Organizations Participating in Research Partnerships.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Differences of the matching amounts from the industry partner between NSERC website ($20,000 to $30,000) and OCI guidelines ($30,000). Being more restrictive and updated in the same period, I inserted the information in the OCE guidelines. Check with NSERC which one is the correct version.
- 2Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCE) changed name to Ontario Centers of Innovation (OCI).