Comments on Funding:
NOHFC funding is based on the project’s total level of spending in Northern Ontario. NOHFC provides assistance in the form of a conditional contribution up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum capped on a tiered basis according to the total northern spend:
- up to $500,000 potential level of support for a total production budget of up to $5 million;
- up to $1,000,000 potential level of support for a total production budget ranging from $5 million to $10 million;
- up to $2,000,000 potential level of support for a total production budget of $10 million and above.
Project costs that are eligible for NOHFC funding include all costs of production that are spent in Northern Ontario, including labour costs, production goods and services, and post-production costs.
The applicant must:
NOHFC will contact the applicant in 2 to 4 weeks!
Applications will be reviewed by NOHFC staff for completeness and eligibility.
Other Things to Note:
There are four application intake rounds:
- Application intake period: February 1 – April 30;
- Application intake period: May1 – July 31;
- Application intake period: August 1 – October 31;
- Application intake period: November 1 – January 31.