Comments on Funding:
Funding ranges from $20,000 to $1 million per year.
NSERC funding for Option 1 ranges from 50% to 66.7% of the project costs (Value: $20,000 to $1 million per year), the remainder amount must be the Partner organization’s contribution, as following:
- 50% for large organizations as a sole partner organization from any sector (private, public or not-for-profit);
- 50% for large organizations in partnership exclusively with other large organizations within the same sector;
- 66.7% for large organizations in partnership with other large organizations from a different sector;
- 66.7% for large organizations in partnership with SMEs from any sector;
- 66.7% for SMEs as a sole partner organization from any sector;
- 66.7% for SMEs in partnership with other organizations of any size and from any sector.
NSERC funding for Option 2 ranges from 90% to 100% of the project costs (Value: over $30,000 to $300,000 per year), as following:
- 90% for any private-sector partner organization;
- 100% for exclusively not-for-profit and public partner organizations.
The remainder amount must be the Partner organization’s contribution
Applicants must be:
Alliance grants support projects of varying scale and complexity, from short-term smaller projects involving one researcher to long-term projects involving researchers across several universities, and from one-on-one collaborations with one partner organization directly involved in the research to projects involving many partner organizations across multiple sectors.
Applications must be submitted through NSERC’s online system.
The application includes three components:
Applicants must submit:
Other Things to Note:
There are 2 options of cost-sharing: