As in all Mitacs internships, a cash contribution from an eligible partner is required. Mitacs internships cannot be the only mechanism for highly qualified personnel (HQP) training in the joint proposal; HQP should also be supported by NSERC funds.
Applicants must submit:
- Form 100A – Personal data form with CCV attachment;
- Form 101 – Application for a grant;
- Mitacs Accelerate supplemental application and budget spreadsheet;
- the National Security Guidelines for Research Partnerships risk assessment form for all Alliance grants applications involving one or more partner organizations from the private sector as of July 12, 2021.
NSERC Alliance-Mitacs Accelerate applications require the following information when outlining the training of highly qualified personnel (HQP):
- a description of the role of the Mitacs interns in the research project, and an explanation of the quality of the research-based training experiences provided to the interns;
- description of how the internship partner organization is committed to providing supervision and mentorship to the interns;
- an explanation of how the number of Mitacs interns and the number of internship units are appropriate to the scope of the project.