Comments on Funding:
Each twelve-month fellowship is valued at $85,000. Funding is $35,000 from OCE and $50,000 from the company ($25,000 cash plus $25,000 in-kind);
OCE funding is $35,000 per 12-month unit for eligible project costs, up to maximum of $70,000 (2 units).
Company-based fellows must receive a minimum cash compensation of $60,000 per year of the $85,000.
Institution-based fellows must receive a minimum cash compensation of $52,500 per year of the $85,000.
The remainder may be used for direct project costs.
Applicants must be:
- has a valid CRA business number ;
- is using or developing technology-based innovation or innovative processes for competitive advantage in provincial, national and/or global markets;
- have operations and/or R&D in Ontario related to the project;
- has the intent and potential to apply, exploit and/or commercialize the results of the project for the economic benefit of Ontario;
- has the necessary expertise and resources to put the project into effect within an appropriate time frame.
- Company subsidiaries (organizations with headquarters outside of Ontario) are eligible, provided that the Ontario operations meet all of the above criteria.
The fellow must:
If the applicant/partner,fellow and project meet the program eligibility criteria, they will be sent a link to OCE’s online application system, AccessOCE.
Applicants must submit:
Other Things to Note:
Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCE) changed name to Ontario Centers of Innovation (OCI).