Comments on Funding:
Each four-month internship unit is valued at $20,000. Funding is $10,000 from OCE and $10,000 from the company ($5,000 cash plus $5,000 in-kind). Funding is $10,000 per four-month unit for eligible project costs, up to maximum of $60,000 (six units).
Company-based interns must receive a minimum compensation of $15,000 per four-month internship unit of the $20,000.
Institution-based interns must receive a minimum compensation of $10,000 per four-month internship unit of the $20,000.
The remainder may be used for direct project costs.
Applicants must be:
- has a valid CRA business number company;
- is using or developing technology-based innovation related to automotive and smart mobility technology such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) technologies, Electric Vehicles (EV), battery technologies the metallurgical (metal & mining) sector and other related areas or innovative processes for competitive advantage in provincial, national and/or global markets;
- has operations and/or R&D in Ontario related to the project;
- has the intent and potential to apply, exploit and/or commercialize the results of the project for the economic benefit of Ontario;
- has the necessary expertise and resources to put the project into effect within an appropriate time frame.
- Company subsidiaries (organizations with headquarters outside of Ontario) are eligible, provided that the Ontario operations meet all of the above criteria.
If the applicant/partner, intern and project meet the program eligibility criteria, they will be sent a link to OCI’s online application system, AccessOCI.
Applicants must complete the online application form, in collaboration with the industry partner if applicable, and upload the required supporting documents.
Eligible and complete applications will be sent for review by external, subject matter experts. A funding decision will be provided within four to six weeks.
Other Things to Note:
Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCE) changed name to Ontario Centers of Innovation (OCI).