Comments on Funding:
Funding from OCI is $30,000 for three units (fixed 12-month period) for eligible project costs, up to maximum of $60,000 (six units – fixed 24-month period).
The company will contribute $30,000 ($15,000 cash plus $15,000 in-kind) minimum per three units (12-month period) Of the total $60,000internship budget, the intern MUST receive a minimum cash compensation of $30,000 (institution-based internship) or $45,000 (company-based internship). The remainder may be used for direct project costs.
Applicants must be:
- has a valid CRA business number company;
- is using or developing technology-based innovation related to automotive and smart mobility technology such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) technologies, Electric Vehicles (EV), battery technologies the metallurgical (metal & mining) sector technologies and other related areas or innovative processes for competitive advantage in provincial, national and/or global markets;
- has operations and/or R&D in Ontario related to the project;
- has the intent and potential to apply, exploit and/or commercialize the results of the project for the economic benefit of Ontario;
- has the necessary expertise and resources to put the project into effect within an appropriate time frame.
- Company subsidiaries (organizations with headquarters outside of Ontario) are eligible, provided that the Ontario operations meet all of the above criteria.
If the applicant/partner, intern and project meet the program eligibility criteria, they will be sent a link to OCI’s online application system, AccessOCI.
Applicants must complete the online application form, in collaboration with the industry partner if applicable, and upload the required supporting documents.
Eligible and complete applications will be sent for review by external, subject matter experts. A funding decision will be provided within four to six weeks.