Type of Program:
This program supports professional Ontario artists, arts professionals, ad hoc groups/collectives and arts organizations to travel to promote their work to arts presenters, in order to expand their market and build networks for future opportunities for their art work. Grants support an individual to travel to a recognized arts marketplace/event or undertake self-directed travel to connect with arts presenters.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to:
- 1$750 for travel within Ontario
- 2$1,000 for travel within Canada
- 3$1,500 for travel in the United States
- 4$2,000 for travel outside Canada and the United States.
Applicants in Northern Ontario may request supplementary funds of $500; and applicants in remote, isolated and fly-in communities in Northern Ontario may request supplementary funds of $1,000.
When It Ends:
January 15, 2020
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. Before applying, applicants must create or update their profile in Nova.
The application must include:
- 1basic information about the project
- 2answers to the questions in the application: split into questions about artistic merit, impact and visibility.
- 3support documents: applicant’s résumé/bio or organization history
- 4for travel to a recognized event: event and registration information, invitation or other proof of participation
- 5for self-directed travel: letters indicating confirmed meetings with at least two arts presenters
- 6letter of support from a person who is familiar with your work and can speak to the potential impact of your project
Other Things to Note:
- 1This program has been suspended indefinitely. Most activity funded through this program is currently funded through the temporary Artist-Presenter Collaboration Projects program.
- 2If you received a grant in this program, you must submit a final report upon completion of the project. A final report form, including information on what you are required to provide, is available in Nova.