Comments on Funding:
Applicants will receive grant notification letters which include the recommended grant amount.
Apllicants’ organizations must:
Applicants must complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. They will be able to do this approximately two months before the deadline.
Before applying, applicants must:
Participation in this program is by invitation only. Potential new applicants must contact the program officer at least one month before the deadline to be considered for an invitation.
Applicants must submit completed application, which includes:
- their answers to the application questions
- book publishers: one copy of each eligible book published in the last calendar year
- magazine publishers: two copies of each issue published in the 12 months prior to the program deadline;
- book publishers: a PDF of their most recent trade catalogue or a link to a BookNet CataList version of this catalogue;
- PDF of up to 20 pages extracted from eligible books or magazines published in the last year;
- companies that publish books and magazines should submit both with their application; and
- support documents: financial and statistical information through their Excel form, financial statements for their organization’s last completed year and verification of these financial results. The type of financial statement required depends on the amount of the grant request and the size of the organization’s annual budget, as follows:
a) requests over $50,000 from not-for-profit organizations: audited financial statements
b) requests over $25,000: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statements)
c) requests $25,000 and under, unaudited financial statement (or, if available, review engagement or audited financial statement).
Other Things to Note:
The previous deadline was on June 16, 2022. After this year, 2023 will be the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.