Type of Program:
The aim of the program is to assist theatre creators to develop new work.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant of minimum $1,000, and maximum $3,000.
Due to the number of applications received and the limited funds available, grants awarded may be smaller than the amount requested.
When It Ends:
Closed for 2021-2022
January 14, 2022
Applicants must be:
Additionally, an individual must:
Additionally, ad hoc group or collective must:
Note: Ad hoc groups are formed for a one-time project, while collectives have ongoing activity.
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. Before applying, applicants must create or update their profile in Nova.
Applicants may apply for a maximum of five Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators each program year.
The application must include:
- 1basic information about the project
- 2answers to the questions in the application: split into questions about artistic merit, impact and visibility.
- 3name of recommender
- 4artistic examples as required by the recommender theatre company
- 5support documents
Other Things to Note:
- 1The 2021-22 program is open from September 2021 until January 14, 2022. Note that the list of participating recommenders is posted in September 2021 when the program opens, and is subject to updates and changes during the program year.
- 2Applications accepted by recommenders from September 2021 to January 2022. OAC does not set deadlines in this program. Recommender theatre companies set their own schedules for review of applications. See the Recommenders for Theatre Creators page for application deadlines.