Type of Program:
The R&D Partnership Fund, Electric Vehicle (EV) Stream supports projects related to the development and demonstration of technologies in electric vehicles (EV) and battery manufacturing technologies in the following priority areas:
- 1mass light vehicles, such as cars, trucks and vans;
- 2heavy duty vehicles, including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement;
- 3charging infrastructure;
- 4Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS);
- 5transit-supportive systems and vehicles.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to one-third of eligible project costs, to a maximum of $1,000,000, with the remainder contributed by Applicants and/or Partners.
Applicant and/or Partners must provide minimum two-thirds of total eligible project costs (i.e., minimum 2:1 match to OVIN contribution). Contribution match MUST be in the form of private sector contributions, and be unencumbered from other government grant sources.
This is a reimbursement program. Reimbursements are triggered by the submission and approval of quarterly reports.
When It Ends:
Next deadlines to be determined
The applicant must:
Project eligibility criteria:
Applicants must submit:
an expression of interest (EOI) and
a full application, if invited to.
To begin the EOI submission process, please complete a client intake form. An OCI Business Development Manager (BD) will contact applicants to discuss the opportunity and assist them with developing their EOI (and eventual application).
Applicants must submit a signed Letter of Support (LOS) from contributing Partner organizations, confirming financial commitment to the project, activities, duration, resources as a “Project Contributor/Partner”, and acknowledgement of the requirement to sign the standard OCI funding agreement.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Application intakes are based on funding rounds throughout each year until December 31, 2025, or when all funds are committed. Funding round timelines are stated in the Programs Overview on the OVIN website.
- 2The EOI submission deadline was on January 6, 2022 and the Full Application Review Meeting will be on April 26, 2022. Check their website for the next application intakes.