Comments on Funding:
- up to $850 in support towards the electricity bill of small business and registered charity customers if they primarily use electricity for heating;
- up to $425 in support towards the electricity bill of small business and registered charity customers if they primarily use another heating source (not electricity);
- up to $425 in support towards their natural gas bill for small business and registered charity customers.
- The customer has an active account with an electricity distributor, a USMP or a natural gas distributor.
- The customer’s account falls within the following class:
Customers can find information about their class on their bill, or they can contact their utility or USMP.
- The customer has a registered business number or charitable registration number for the small business or registered charity operating out of the premises.
- Customers may qualify if (before March 17) they:
- The customer (after March 17) failed to make complete payment for the electricity and/or gas charges (as applicable) on at least two bills issued since March 17, 2020, and has an overdue balance on the date of their application for CEAP.
- If the customer made partial payments on their bills, they may still qualify for CEAP.
- The customer’s small business or registered charity premises was required to close* to the public for regular operations for at least 15 days as a result of a government order or inability to comply with public health recommendations.
“Close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
apply for CEAP-SB through their utility or unit sub-meter providers (USMP) by email or by mail. Some utilities and USMPs may also have the capability to allow their customers to apply online or by phone. They should contact their utility or USMP to find out what options are available.
Utilities and USMPs are expected to process complete applications within 10 business days of receipt.
Other Things to Note:
Funding for the CEAP Small Business program has ended.