Comments on Funding:
Cost share funding is available to support 50% of eligible costs, up to a maximum of $10,000 per business for commercial beekeepers and $3,500 per business for hobbyist beekeepers, for all cost-share funding paid under the Targeted Intake to Support Managed Bee Health.
- Applicants are not required to have a Premises Identification Number for the farm property where the project is to take place.
- Applicants that are not required to have a Farm Business Registration Number (FBRN) according to the Farm Registration and Farm Organizations Funding Act are eligible for cost-share funding under the condition that they are a registered beekeeper and hold a valid certificate of registration, issued under the Bees Act for the current beekeeping season.
Ontario beekeepers holding a valid certificate of registration, issued under the Bees Act, for the current beekeeping season who wish to significantly increase their sales by developing new products or processes, or who wish to increase their sales in the Canadian market by implementing a comprehensive business or marketing plan.
should submit their applications and the support documentation electronically at ontarioprograms.net;
can also complete the Application Form for the Project Category they are applying under, and submit with all required documentation by email to CAP@ontariosoilcrop.org. Copies of Application Forms are available at ontarioprogramguides.net.
If they cannot apply online or by email, they may send hard copy applications and all required documentation to OSCIA by post or courier to 1-367 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON, N1H 7K9
Applicants must submit:
- a valid certificate of registration issued under the Bees Act, for the current beekeeping season;
- quotes or proposals for all activities that will be sourced from third-party suppliers (e.g., consultants) detailing services, outcomes and costs.
Other Things to Note:
- Approved projects under this category must be complete and operational, including having received all goods and/or services, no later than September 30, 2022.
- Farm Business Registration Number (FBRN): All farm businesses in Ontario that gross ,000 or more annually are required by law to register their farm business with Agricorp. More information on the FBRN and allowable exemptions is available from Agricorp.
- Commercial beekeepers are those with 50 or more hives as of the date of the first approved application to this intake.
- Hobbyist beekeepers are those with less than 50 hives as of the date of the first approved application to this intake.