Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $10,000 at 50% cost-share towards the purchase of equipment and/or materials.
Collaborations (of 3 or more) are no longer eligible through this program.
- not-for-profit organizations,
- primary producers,
- First Nations, Metis and Inuit.
are encouraged to discuss with a representative the eligibility of the project prior to submission and to ensure application completeness;
must sign a contract once invoices and proof of payments are received in full in order to receive the approved grant. Once the purchase(s) is completed and all required documentation has been received, the recipient will be granted 90% of the approved funding.
Approved applicants may submit ONE claim only per project.
Applicant must submit:
- a copy of their Articles of Incorporation, Farm Business Registration No., Master Business License, or Business Name Registration, whichever is applicable (some exceptions may apply),
- business plan with application form (a business plan template can be made available), if business start-ups (in first 3 years of operation);
- proof of business registration and proof of at least one year of revenue, if businesses in start-up phase;
- a completed Client Intake Form (required once an approval is received by the applicant(s)).
Projects approved under this program must be completed and invoice(s) and proof of payment(s) submitted toSSMIC by December 31, 2022 (for Intake 3).
A completed Final Results Report will be due (December 31, 2022 for Intake 3).
The final 10% of funding will be remitted after this report is submitted.
Applicants are eligible to submit one application per intake period. Successful applicants can receive a maximum of $10,000 in SNAPP funding throughout the entirety of the current program (2019-2023).
Other Things to Note:
Intake 3 is open from December 6, 2021 to January 31, 2022.