Comments on Funding:
Funding for the Economic Diversification and Competitiveness Stream is up to 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $150,000.
Funding for the Strategic Economic Infrastructure Stream is up to 30% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $250,000.
Projects receiving other provincial funding are not eligible to apply for or receive funding under the RED program.
Applicants must be:
submit their completed applications, including supporting documentation and the co-applicant form (if applicable) via email to RED@ontario.ca,
send multiple emails ensuring the subject line remains consistent, if their attachments are greater than 10 MB.
Applicants will receive confirmation with an application number within five business days of the receipt of application. If they do not receive confirmation, please call the Agriculture Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300.
- a completed RED program application;
- a co-applicant form (if there are co-applicants);
- three years of financial statements or a letter to that effect (not required for municipalities);
- constituting documents, such as articles of incorporation or other similar evidence of legal status (not required for municipalities, Indigenous communities and agricultural organizations incorporated by the Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations Act).
Optional but recommended:
- letters from partners and co-applicants indicating their support for the project, including any in-kind contributions to the project if applicable;
- quotes / estimates to support the project budget;
- supporting documentation (for example, feasibility studies, strategic plans, reports, relevant research or anything else that supports the need for the project and anticipated impacts)
Other Things to Note:
The intake for the RED program is now closed. Please check back here for updates and new intake dates.