Save On Energy – Energy Performance Program
The Energy Performance Program (EPP) rewards customers who are able to make behavioural and operational changes that support capital investment projects, enabling them to grow their energy savings over a number of years. EPP provides customers with commercial & institutional facilities located the Province of Ontario with the opportunity to receive energy efficiency incentives on a pay -for-performance basis. The Program provides financial incentives through a multi-year, pay-for-performance incentive structure for lasting operational and maintenance energy efficiency measures and equipment retrofits.
Comments on Funding:
– $0.04/kWh multiplied by the electricity savings realized with the annual incentive capped at 20% of the facility baseline energy use.
– $50/kW multiplied by the summer peak demand savings realized with the annual incentive capped at 20% of the facility baseline summer peak demand. This is a performance incentive based on summer peak demand savings determined by comparing metered consumption to their baseline energy model.
complete and sign the Energy Performance Program Agreement and the Application Form;
complete one Facility Application Form for each Facility to be enrolled, or each group of up to five facilities, to be enrolled;
generate baseline energy models for each facility application as described in the M&V Procedures;
submit all completed documents to email@example.com.
Other Things to Note:
- Subject to the terms of the Agreement, the Program is anticipated to last until December 31, 2027 and Participants may add new Facilities until October 15, 2024. Each Facility enrolled in the Program will be eligible to participate in three Pay-for-Performance Periods; however, the Participant must realize the Minimum Savings by the end of the second Pay-for-Performance Period.
- Three years of annual pay-for-performance incentives are available for multi-site and single-site facilities for applications approved by December 31, 2024.
- Facilities that have participated in the Energy Performance Program in the past have achieved an average overall electricity saving of 6.5%.
When It Ends:
October 15, 2024