No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Travel Assistance Program grants are provided to SOCAN composers, writers, and music publishers across all genres of music to assist with travel-related costs for career-building or career-defining activities in Canada or abroad.
Comments on Funding:
Maximum grant levels are limited to:
- 1$400 for travel between 201 and 1000 km one way,
- 2$600 for travel between 1001 and 2000 km one way,
- 3$800 for travel between 2001 and 5000 km one way,
- 4$1000 for travel over 5000 km one way.
Applicants may receive only one (1) Travel Assistance Grant per calendar year.
When It Ends:
Applicants that are funded by the Travel Assistance Program are ineligible to receive funding from the Professional Development Assistance Program.
create an online account on the SOCAN Foundation's online application system,
fill out the online application form.
Application must be submitted before the activity starts. Results will be announced within ten (10) weeks of the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1an application,
- 2a letter of confirmation or invitation to attend the event or project activity.
Other Things to Note:
Temporarily Discontinued until 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Travel Assistance Program has been suspended until further notice.