Comments on Funding:
This grant will match funds from $1,000 to a maximum of $3,000 that the applicant will have raised during the period of the fundraising initiative.
Applications may have more than one SOCAN member create the commissioned work with commissioning funds divided equally between the collaborators. Only SOCAN writer members can receive matching grant funds. SOCAN members being commissioned cannot apply directly to this program. A SOCAN member can only receive one (1) Work Commissioning Assistance Grant every two (2) calendar years.
The application must include:
- a clear description of the source of the privately raised funds;
- an agreement between the applicant and the SOCAN member(s) being commissioned indicating, at least, the following:
- the SOCAN writer member(s) retains copyright of the commissioned work;
- the projected commissioning fee;
- the projected date (month, year) of completion of the work;
- the projected date (month, year) of first public performance;
- the funding being matched by the SOCAN Foundation is not derived from public funding;
- the applicant will inform the SOCAN Foundation of delivery of the completed work that includes the commissioned work’s SOCAN Identification number;
- the acknowledgment that the Work Commissioning Assistance Grant will be paid directly by the SOCAN Foundation to the SOCAN member(s) being commissioned.