Comments on Funding:
Funding is a one-time grant of $50,000 to $100,000.
Phase One: Referrals
An accelerator partner must submit a company recommendation (i.e., ‘nomination’) on SDTC’s Portal when a round opens.
Phase Two: Applications
Once nominated by a partner accelerator, applicants will be invited to complete their application in two steps:
Applicants will receive a personalized access code to SDTC’s Portal, which they can use to access the system and create their login credentials.
After the Application period ends, SDTC staff will review the files for eligibility. Applicants should be prepared to provide additional materials and amend their applications if requested to do so.
Presentations & Deliberations If the application is eligible, candidates will be invited to a pitch session where they will have the chance to deliver a 5-minute pitch followed by a Q & A session with the Seed Fund Jury. Presentation times will be confirmed in the week before jury week.
Following the pitch sessions, the jurors will deliberate and make recommendations to SDTC’s Board of Directors for a final funding decision.
Applicants must submit:
- Investor/ Pitch Deck;
- Signed Investors Agreements/ Subscription Agreements;
- Bank Statements (last 3 months);
- CV of Key team members;
- Financial statements and Financial Model, if available;
- Other relevant documents shared with other investors.
The pitch should showcase for the jurors the applicant’s:
- Value Proposition, including an understanding of the market opportunity and size ;
- The competitive landscape and customer acquisition plan (including Intellectual Property Strategy);
- Team and advisor capability and skills;
- Articulating how you plan to deliver environmental benefits.
Other Things to Note:
With up to 100 companies funded annually, funding rounds open every 3-4 months with a timeline of just 8 weeks to move from application submission to payment.