No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Limited Edition Stream of the Promotion Program is open to film festivals and markets funded through the Promotion Program in fiscal 2020-2021.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a non-repayable financial contribution to cover the applicant’s eligible costs as described in the attached Appendix. Telefilm’s financial participation will be based on, among other things, the film festival or market’s budget, the private financing obtained, the film festival or market’s size, and Telefilm’s financial participation during fiscal year 2020-20217.
All eligible applicants will be informed by Telefilm, prior to the opening of the Stream, of the amount of financial participation they are eligible for, subject to compliance with the Stream’s criteria.
When It Ends:
January 12, 2022
An applicant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
All applicants must file their application electronically via Dialogue, attaching all required documents listed on Telefilm’s website.
All subsequent documentation must also be submitted electronically via Dialogue.
Applications under this Stream must be submitted during the appropriate application period indicated on the Stream’s webpage, depending on the scheduled dates of the film festival or market.
Applicants with complementary activities8 are encouraged to contact the Project Leader responsible for their organization’s region to discuss the application process and whether they should submit a single application for all activities or a separate application for each complementary activity.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Constitutive documents for the applicant corporation;
- 2Corporate declaration;
- 3Activity proposal;
- 4Budget and Financial Structure of the festival or film market.
Other Things to Note:
- 1The Reopening Fund, announced by the Government of Canada on June 28, 2021, will provide $200 million over two years through existing programs to support Canada’s festivals, cultural events, outdoor theatre performances, heritage celebrations, local museums, amateur sport events, and more.
- 2Telefilm Canada was mandated to administer $10 million over two years to support film festivals across the country recover and enhance their online and in-person activities. Such reopening funds will be distributed through Telefilm’s Promotion Program via the General Admission Stream, the Limited Edition Stream and the Open Access Stream.
- 3Guidelines updated on December 2, 2021.