Comments on Funding:
TAC does not fund 100% of an applicant’s budget and it does not provide funding for capital projects (e.g. equipment, renovations, purchase of buildings), fundraising events/projects or deficit reduction.
Exception: TAC funds may be used towards the purchase of equipment and software to achieve the goals of the organization during the COVID pandemic. This may include but is not limited to electronics, workspace materials and health and safety items.
Organizations may receive only one grant per calendar year through the Theatre program and may not apply to other TAC discipline programs. However, TAC offers other types of granting opportunities through its Strategic Initiatives envelope, and operating grant recipients may be eligible to apply to one of these programs.
register to Toronto Arts Council’s online grant application system and submit their applications during the intake period. Programs are open to receive applications two to three months before the submission deadline. Applications remain available until 11:59:59 PM of the published deadline date.
enter their Financial and Statistical data online at CADAC (Canadian Arts Database/Données sur les arts au Canada). Financial statements must also be submitted to CADAC and a copy uploaded in PDF form with the application.
must consult with the Theatre Program Manager before submitting a multi-year operating grant application.
Applicants must submit:
- an application,
- the verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year:
- for requests over $30,000, audited financial statements are required,
- for requests of $30,000 or less, if annual operating revenues are $100,000 or more, a review engagement is required, (or, if available, audited financial statements),
- for requests of $30,000 or less, if annual operating revenues are under $100,000, unaudited financial statements that include a balance sheet and a statement of income and expenses is required, (or, if available, audited financial statements or a review engagement).
- a copy of their financial statements.
All applicants may upload promotional materials produced by their organization in relation to its last year’s activities (e.g. brochures) and/or press clippings (maximum 6 pages). Accepted file format – PDF.
Applicants currently receiving TAC Multi-Year Operating support should not submit audio-visual material.
Other Things to Note:
Mid-Cycle Report deadline: April 4, 2022.
COVID Related Measures
The pandemic has widely disrupted the programming and organizational plans of organizations receiving operating grants. Efforts and capacities to continue or adapt activities and to plan for 2021-22 vary greatly from company to company. In order to support operating companies, the 2021 operating grant program provides two application options.