Comments on Funding:
The exact funding amount per applicant will be based on the number of qualified small businesses with brick-and-mortar locations. The grant minimum is $5,000 and grant maximum is $200,000 (based on a twelve-month project).
The maximum grant amount is (based on the number of brick-and-mortar small businesses forecasted to be served in the catchment area within each 12-month project period):
- under 100 businesses – maximum $35,000;
- 100 – 200 businesses – maximum $75,000;
- 201 – 300 businesses – maximum $100,000;
- 301 – 400 businesses – maximum $125,000;
- 401 – 500 businesses – maximum $150,000;
- 501 – 600 businesses – maximum $200,000;
- over 600 businesses – to be determined.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
a. organizational structure and define who will be responsible for the administration of the contribution funds, along with applicable contact info;
b. include details of any partnership formed for the purpose of executing the grant and copies of any applicable partnership agreements or memoranda of understanding;
c. describe the geographic area, including the number of BIAs (if applicable);
d. number of eligible businesses to be served in-person and/or virtually by DSS members;
a. executing the project within the designated area/s;
b. hiring and training DSS members;
c. hosting DSS launch event/informational sessions for promoting DSS members, if applicable;
d. issuing a press release, if applicable;
e. purchasing equipment, if applicable;
Applicants must submit:
- the application form;
- an action plan;
- a detailed budget to include a narrative on how the funds will be used;
- monthly progress reports and a final report that includes all costs;
- a summary of all costs less any applicable HST rebate or discount.
Other Things to Note:
At this time the application portal is now closed as grant funds are exhausted.