Type of Program:
TEF offers Start-Up Grants to support social entrepreneurs who have a strong Feasibility Study and Business Plan to launch their employment social enterprise (ESE). ESEs are businesses that train and employ people facing barriers to the mainstream labour market
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $100,000 over a three-year period and are used to support the costs required to launch and establish a new ESE.
When It Ends:
February 12, 2021
The following are also eligible:
To request the application link or if they have any questions about the Start-Up Grants, applicant can contact TEF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must submit:
- 1completed Feasibility Study and Business Plan with appendices (using TEF templates);
- 2Business Model Canvas (using the TEF template);
- 3Financial Plan (including sales forecast, cash flow forecast, and 3-year budget, in TEF format);
- 4Work Plan (list of activities with time line and person responsible);
- 5Summary of Performance Goals (using the TEF template);
- 6Letters patent (including non-profit incorporation number);
- 7Charitable number (if applicable);
- 8most recent annual report of the organization (if available);
- 9most recent audited financial statement of the organization;
- 10list of the current Board of Directors (names, short bios, and email addresses);
- 11list of organization staff (names, positions, and email addresses);
- 12letter of support for launching the social enterprise from the Board of Directors;
- 13a letter of support from the proposed trustee (for organizations that have operated for less than 3 years or do not have audited financial statements).
Other Things to Note:
Applications are accepted at specific deadlines based on requests for proposals that are broadly published through this website, social media, and through the TEF mailing list.
TEF is particularly interested in ESEs that will employ people who have disabilities and/or youth facing multiple barriers - key populations that experience the highest rates of unemployment.