Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) – Toronto The Program (2022)
Situated in the Toronto-Waterloo tech corridor, CDL-Toronto provides startups with access to business development support from top business students at the Rotman School of Management, funding from leading VC firms, and resources to scale. It currently offers eight streams: Prime, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Health, Matter, Quantum, Space and Neuro.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of venture capital.
- prime – for founders pursuing state of the art technological innovations across diverse industries;
- artificial intelligence – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities predicated on the application of machine learning;
- blockchain – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities that benefit from exploiting a combination of blockchain and machine learning technologies;
- health – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities predicated on translational science and technology innovations that improve human health and wellness;
- matter – for founders pursuing commercial applications based on the discovery and development of materials with superior performance over conventional alternatives;
- quantum – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities at the intersection of quantum computing and machine learning; and
- space – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities that exploit the recent drop in the cost of accessing space.
- neuro – for founders pursuing commercial opportunities in brain science to improve human health and quality of life.
apply using the appropriate form on the Application Page. They will be informed by the end of August whether they have been shortlisted for the interview stage.
participate to a in-person Interview in September, if shortlisted. Ventures headquartered more than a 2-3 hour drive from any CDL Site will have the option of travelling to interview day to attend in person, or interviewing online via Zoom or Google Hangouts.
Admission decisions are made in early September by a selection committee at each CDL Site and a matching process is used to ensure that ventures are offered admission to the highest ranked Site and Stream that is willing to offer admission.
Applicants must apply during the application intake period. CDL accepts post-deadline submissions on an invite-only basis.
Other Things to Note:
- Applicants must sign up on the CDL website to be notified when applications open for the CDL program. The streams you will be notified for include: Prime (General Technology), Ag, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Climate, Commerce, Computational Health, Energy, FinTech, Health, Health & Wellness, Matter, Neuro, Oceans, Quantum, Risk, Space, and Supply Chain.
- The CDL 2022/23 Program Year application deadline has now passed. CDL accepts post-deadline submissions on an invite-only basis. We cannot guarantee that your application will be considered if you were not explicitly invited to apply after the deadline.
COVID Related Measures:
Due to the current global COVID-19 crisis, we have adapted our program to be delivered entirely online. As we follow the guidance of public health officials, we will re-evaluate periodically to decide when to transition back to in-person format.
When It Ends:
Closed for 2021
2023 deadlines to be determined