No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Grand Challenges Canada’s Transition To Scale program supports innovators from Canada and from low- and middle-income countries who are positioned to take their bold ideas to big impact in the area of global health.
In this Request for Proposals, Grand Challenges Canada seeks to support the transition to scale and sustainability of Bold Ideas with Big Impact® from our Stars in Global Health, Saving Lives at Birth, Saving Brains, and Global Mental Health programs, as well as invited innovations from approved partners, such as the Every Woman Every Child Innovation Marketplace.
Comments on Funding:
Grand Challenges Canada makes investments of up to $3.0 million CAD to catalyze the scale and sustainability of the most promising global health innovations.
When It Ends:
Applicants must be:
Applicants must be invited by Grand Challenges Canada to submit an application for Transition to Scale funding.
Grand Challenges Canada will aim to provide a funding decision within six months of submission of a Transition-to-Scale application.
Other Things to Note:
- 1To date, Grand Challenges Canada has invested $83 million CAD in 107 Transition To Scale projects that are being implemented in 34 countries. This investment has leveraged over $107 million CAD in additional funding. Of these 107 projects, 75 are still continuing on the path to scale after Grand Challenges Canada funding ended.
- 2They estimate that the innovations in the Transition To Scale pipeline will save between 492,000 and 1.78 million lives and improve between 20 million and 64 million lives by 2030.
- 3Grand Challenges Canada’s programs are primarily undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada.
- 4For current funding opportunities check here.
- 5Grand Challenges Canada is a global leader in developing and investing in innovative financing for development impact, through the: