Comments on Funding:
Funding is in the form of equity investments to be recouped according to the terms of the Production Financing Agreement. The recoupment may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis to ensure favourable recoupment potential for the fund.
The applicant must:
Eligible projects must:
Applicants must submit the following documents/materials:
- a completed electronic application form,
- a budget,
- broadcast license(s),
- a proposed recoupment schedule,
- a marketing plan,
- the credits of applicant company,
- a key personnel list + CVs,
- a cast and crew list,
- a proof of ownership,
- bible or treatment (if available),
- scripts (at least 2),
- a detailed production and delivery schedule,
- director’s notes (if available),
- outside reader notes (if available),
- international sales numbers/report (if applicable),
- proof of financing already committed (if applicable),
- distribution agreements (if available),
- further letters of support (if applicable),
- a coproduction agreement (if applicable),
- additional documents (if applicable),
- audience numbers for previous seasons (if applicable).
Other Things to Note:
Notification of decisions will be communicated to the applicants generally six to eight weeks after the application deadline. Successful applicants must finalize financing of their projects within 90 days and meet any other conditions of funding, or the commitment may be cancelled.
This is a new program for the Ontario database, but was present and moved from the Atlantic Canada database.