Comments on Funding:
The Rocket Fund invests on a project-by-project basis and does not have a “standard” investment level. Its equity nvestments are based on the financial needs of the production, budget, recoupment potential and the reasonability of the request.
Eligible Program for Audiovisual Stream, the production must:
submit a list of company shareholders and key creative personnel with their online application through the Rocket Fund Online Self-Identification Questionnaire;
The Board of Directors endeavours to make investment decisions between 8 and 10 weeks after the deadline date. The decisions of the Rocket Fund Board of Directors are at its sole and absolute discretion and are final;
Once the Rocket Fund commits to invest in a production, if the Rocket Fund determines, at its sole discretion, there has been a material change to the financing and/or creative elements prior to finalizing a Production Investment Agreement, the investment may be put on hold and may need to be re-evaluated by the Rocket Fund Board of Directors;
Principal photography or voice record cannot commence prior to the application deadline date (unless otherwise agreed to by the Rocket Fund prior to submitting an application);
Rocket Fund does not accept applications for a subsequent season of a series where the Rocket Fund did not invest in any prior season(s).
Applicants must upload all the required documents:
- One-page synopsis;
- Current script(s). If a series, at least 2 episodes should be submitted;
- Series bible, if applicable;
- Document detailing how the production reflects Canadian diversity and inclusion (story, key creative crew, actors, etc.);
- Complementary Content plan (i.e. website, games, apps, additional video content, podcasts, etc.) If a series renewal, a current plan based on the new season is required;
- Evidence of Canadian legal identity (i.e. incorporation documents for production or parent company);
- Evidence of 6/10 Canadian content certification points – a signed letter from producer detailing anticipated points for each key cast & crew, such letter confirming that a minimum 6/10 points will be obtained;
- Co-production agreement(s) or short form(s) that outline the terms of the agreement(s) (if applicable);
- Proposed financial structure;
- Letter(s) from an eligible platform or Canadian broadcaster(s) indicating the intent to make the program or series available in a meaningful way to the intended audience in Canada within two years of project completion;
- Provincial and federal tax credit calculations, based on the submitted budget, if applicable;
- Proposed recoupment schedule;
- A detailed and feasible Audience Development Plan, including a schedule and detailed budget;
- Audience Development Plan and Budget Templates can be found on the Rocket Fund website;
- Canadian marketing and promotional strategy (i.e., how you will sell your Production to broadcasters, platforms and distributors);
- Current budget top sheet and detailed production budget, dated and signed;
- Related party transactions (i.e. what production costs are being paid to owners of the company, related parties);
- Current company profiles for Production Company, Co-Production Company and Parent Company(ies);
- Key creative bios/resumes (i.e. Writer, Director, etc.);
- Self-Identification Contact List (see template on website); and
- Crew/Cast List.
Other Things to Note:
Two deadlines will be held per year for the Audiovisual Stream, in accordance with the application process as detailed on the Rocket Fund website: rocketfund.ca.