Canada Media Fund – Envelope Program: Development Program: Development Envelope (English & French)
The Development Program, which is part of CMF’s Convergent Stream, allocates funding to projects at the development stage. In the Development Envelope Subprogram, the CMF contributes to Eligible Projects through Development Envelope allocations, which are apportionments of CMF program funds made to Canadian Broadcasters.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of repayable non-interest-bearing advances of up to 50% (or 75% for an English Regional Development Project) of the Eligible Costs in development, up to $200,000.
The applicant must be:
Applicants who are unincorporated, but meet all other requirements above, may apply for development financing if they have never received CMF funding before. Applicants, however, will be required to incorporate prior to signing a development agreement with the CMF.
carefully review the program guidelines and all reference documents before submitting an application;
review the PERSONA-ID by Program document to confirm if the program requires them or their team to register to the CMF PERSONA-ID Self-identification system;
register online to create their Dialogue accounts on the Telefilm website and complete the funding application;
sign the contract, if the project is approved.
“Applicants must submit:
- a completed and approved dialogue broadcaster agreement form (BAF) linked to the application form for each Canadian broadcaster providing a development fee and/or a contribution from its 2022-2023 CMF broadcaster development envelope;
2 a completed dialogue application form with persona-id # entered in the applicable sections;
- broadcast licence agreement(s) for all eligible licence fees;
- all financing agreements from other committed sources;
- signed and dated development budget;
- synopsis detailing the themes, subject matter and setting of the storyline;
- creative material script, bible, treatment, outline, rundown;
- rewrite proposal (if applicable);
- project description;
- summary of chain of title;
- all rights documentation;
- publisher’s release (if applicable);
- signed writer(s) and director(s) agreements if applicable/available;
- co-production and/or joint venture agreement(s) (if applicable);
- C.V.s for all producer(s), writer(s), and director(s);
- declaration of the corporation’s Canadian status, and its shareholders and directors;
- complete incorporation documents;
- corporate profile;
- shareholder’s or partner’s agreement;
- corporate secretary’s certificate;
- corporate financial statements (for the past three years for all television component applicants, television component co- applicants and parent companies.). ”
Other Things to Note:
Due to high demand, the English Alternative Access to the Development Envelope Program is no longer accepting applications.
Information was taken from the 2022-2023 Guidelines.
When It Ends:
December 6, 2022