Type of Program:
The Sand Plains Community Development Fund provides loans of up to $250,000 to new or existing businesses in Oxford County. The goal of this Fund is to foster entrepreneurship in the region by increasing the availability of patient capital for small business start-ups and expansions in priority sectors. Patient capital provides flexible repayment terms, negotiated to encourage the long-term viability of the borrower.
Loans can be used for the following:
- 1new and used equipment purchases;
- 3commercial real estate;
- 4working capital.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $250,000.
Loan terms and conditions:
- 1Interest rates are prime plus 2.0% plus a risk premium based on Community Futures Oxford's evaluation of the application, business plan, cash flow forecast, and pledged security.
- 2An application fee of 1.0% is due upon loan approval.
- 3Repayment terms are very flexible and are negotiated in the best interest of the business. All loans are open for prepayment without penalty.
When It Ends:
complete their Business Loan Application, make a copy for their records and return the original to Community Futures Oxford;
submit a Personal Statement of Net Worth (PSONW) form for each owner or shareholder;
complete a business plan.
Completed Business Loan Application along with the business plan will be reviewed by the General Manager. Eligible proposals will be submitted to Community Futures Oxford's loan review committee to determine whether the loan will be recommended for approval. Approved applications must receive final authorization from Community Futures Oxford's Board of Directors and applicants will be notified following the Board meeting of the decision regarding their application.
Applicants must submit a completed application package including:
- 1the Business Loan Application;
- 2a business plan describing the new business, expansion, purchase or restructuring plans. The business plan should also include at minimum a 2-year Profit and Loss forecast and Cash Flow (if applicable). Any format is acceptable as long as it clearly explains how the business will succeed.
- 3the last 3 years financials of the business, if an existing business.
- 4a Personal Statement of Net Worth (PSONW) form for each owner or shareholder.
Other Things to Note:
Applicants should contact Community Futures Oxford for further details.