Comments on Funding:
Funding is in the form of a repayable advance of up to $30,000. Each project awarded funding through the Program will repay the advance as follows:
- to the IPF: 100% of IPF’s portion of the advance on the first day of principal photography,
- to the CMF: 100% of CMF’s portion of the advance on the first day of principal photography.
Eligible projects must:
Applicants must submit the following documents/materials:
- a completed application form found in the application portal at https://application.ipf.ca/Login.aspx ,
- a Creative Pitch for the short form series in a maximum of three (3) pages, including a complete synopsis of the series, story arc over the season, description of lead characters, a typical episode format and outline, etc.,
- a one (1) page vision document,
- bios of the producer, writer, creator, story editor and/or development executive including relevant production credits,
- URL links (or other) to previous credited work of either the producer or writer,
- confirmation in writing from a story editor and/or development executive including responsibilities, proposed schedule and fee,
- a packaging phase development budget,
- a packaging phase development schedule (Note: all deliverables must be completed and delivered to IPF and the CMF by the established deadline),
- proof of any other confirmed development packaging financing,
- a document containing information on previous phases of development (if applicable).
Other Things to Note:
Funding will be awarded through the Program on a 2/3 (English) and 1/3 (French) basis.
This is a new program for the Ontario database, but was present and moved from the Atlantic Canada database.