Comments on Funding:
Funding is generally up to 33% of eligible capital costs and up to 50% of eligible non-capital costs.
Assistance available for SMEs is repayable.
If applicants incur costs to implement their projects prior to approval of funding, these costs will not be considered eligible for reimbursement unless written consent is provided by FedNor.
The applicant must:
Eligible project costs include all expenses directly related to the project and deemed reasonable and necessary for its execution. Costs may include:
- plant equipment purchases, including digital hardware and software that are a direct part of the manufacturing process;
- installation and commissioning of new equipment;
- training on the use of new equipment;
- implementation of recommendations from an Operational Assessment, such as lean manufacturing, ISO certification, quality controls, information and communications technology or other operational and managerial improvements; and
- modernizing the production facility through upgrades to existing production equipment (e.g., automation, robotics, ancillary systems).
Eligible costs must be for arm’s-length purchases.
Phase 1: Submit an Application for Financial Assistance providing key contact and project information;
✔ Applications can be completed and submitted electronically, or printed and sent to the nearest FedNor office.
✔ Applicants will receive written or electronic confirmation that their Application has been received.
✔ The results of the Application review will be communicated to applicants electronically or in writing.
Phase 2: Upon initial evaluation, FedNor will provide an electronic or written decision on whether the project should proceed to Phase Two. If selected to proceed, applicants will be invited to submit a Phase Two Detailed Application and provide supporting documentation. Applications will undergo a due diligence process where they are assessed against a number of factors.
Applicants must provide: