No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
This program supports Canadian distribution and production companies looking to finance the marketing and distribution of their feature film project(s).
Comments on Funding:
Funding will be in the form of a repayable non-interest bearing advance up to 75% of the eligible Canadian marketing costs. All payments from Telefilm will be made by direct deposit.
The amount of financial support (subject to the 75% maximum and overall availability of funds) will depend on the amount of the request, the scope of the project, as well the applicant’s track record.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Production companies will be entitled to up to 75% of the eligible costs to a maximum of $25,000.
When It Ends:
Additional eligibility criteria for Distribution companies:
Telefilm will also evaluate:
Additional eligibility criteria for Production companies:
Applicants must submit the appropriate application form, duly completed and signed, together with all required documentation, via Dialogue.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Executed distribution agreement and any amendment(s) thereto or if self-distributing, a Letter containing the key terms of distribution;
- 2Commitment from exhibitor specifying the dates and number of screenings;
- 3CAVCO certification letter or CRTC certification letter or Official treaty co-production certification (If a project not financed by Telefilm in production);
- 4Service agreement with third party expert, if applicable;
- 5Detailed marketing and distribution plan for the Canadian theatrical release;
- 6Proposed or detailed digital platform services agreement from one or more digital platform services companies / consultants, if the Marketing Plan includes digital platform marketing activities;
- 7Links to the film website, social media sites, film’s trailer, etc, if applicable;
- 8Videolink or DVD of the film;
- 9Detailed marketing budget (Canadian and Foreign costs) including all related party transactions;
- 10Financial participation deal memos;
- 11Declaration re sponsorships;
- 12Visibility proposal for Telefilm Canada;
The following documents are required if they have been updated or modified since the applicant company’s last funding application to Telefilm Canada:
- 13Incorporation documents;
- 14Corporate declaration;
- 15Corporate financial statements.
Maurice (Moe) Muise learned the ins-and-outs of government while an employee of the Government of Canada in Ottawa for 10 years. His current focus is helping small businesses in Ontario to identify and maximize government grants to grow their business.
Click here to learn more about Moe’s background and how he can help your business.