Comments on Funding:
- for Term Loans is up to $500,000;
- for Aboriginal Students/Youth for summer businesses is up to $1,500;
- for Bridge Loans is up to $250,000.
The Client Equity requirement for term loans, including loans for Aboriginal Students/Youth for summer businesses is 10%.
Applicants must be:
- consult with a Business Development Officer to obtain information on how to proceed with a full application or visit Application Process on their website.
- submit the application and the supportong documentation online.
The applicant must provide:
- a government ID (driver’s license, health card,) etc, or, if corporation, copies of their incorporation documents, by-laws, and confirmation of signing authorities;
- documentation of Aboriginal Ancestry; Proof of Aboriginal heritage is required through one of the following:
a) First Nation registered members must provide a copy of their Certificate of Indian Status card issued by First Nation/Government of Canada (may follow-up with First Nation to confirm).
b) Applicants of Inuit ancestry will provide a letter of confirmation from the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
c) Non-Status Indians must provide a birth certificate proving a genealogical link to a First Nation registered member.
d) Metis citizens must apply to the Metis Voyageur Development Fund for financial assistance.
- a resume;
- a summary of its project;
- its Cash Equity Confirmation & Documentation;
- a full consulting proposal/marketing plan/business plan/business valuation once the client eligibility is established. Information on an appropriate structure for preparing a business plan will be provided.