Comments on Funding:
Applicants must enter into a net metering agreement with their utility to send any excess renewable electricity to their grid in exchange for on-bill credits.
To be eligible for net metering, applicants must:
Applicants, in contract with electricity retailers, must provide a signed
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for the purchase of electricity generated by the renewable energy system; and
- Associated Equipment Agreement (AEA) for the renewable energy system itself.
Other Things to Note:
The Net Metering Program is available through the following utility companies:
- Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation
- Canadian Niagara Power Inc.
- Centre Wellington Hydro Ltd.
- Cooperative Hydro Embrun Inc.
- ERTH Power Corporation
- Halton Hills Hydro Inc.
- Lakefront Utilities Inc.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro Inc.
- North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited
- Orangeville Hydro Limited
- Ottawa River Power Corporation
- Sioux Lookout Hydro Inc.
- Tillsonburg Hydro Inc.
- Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp.
- Wellington North Power Inc.