Comments on Funding:
Funding is a wage subsidy of up to $7,000 for diverse target groups or up to $5,000 for all other students per placement.
Employer eligibility criteria:
Student eligibility criteria:
- provide a company description, including the business # and webpage.
- provide proof of the student’s enrollment at a canadian post-secondary education institution.
- provide the student’s job description.
- provide a working/learning plan for the student.
- provide a signed copy of the student’s employment contract, which should include the student’s start and end dates, full details of wages and employment benefits, if applicable.
- confirm that the wages for the placement are not funded by another federal program. Note that provincial, municipal or any other funds are acceptable. for organizations that receive partial funding from the federal government to support their operational costs, the latter cannot be used to pay for the students’ salaries.
Other Things to Note:
The program started in June 2017 and runs for 5 years; the CCAA plans to fund over 1,000 student placements over the 4 years, and helps post-secondary students in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and business programs get work experience they need to prepare for jobs in these high-demand fields. There is funding available for part-time and full-time students registered in programs other than STEM and business.