Type of Program:
Funding under the Tour Support component provides support for the eligible costs associated with tours.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is at up to 75% of the total eligible budget of the Comprehensive Artist application or the lesser of a. the approved offer or b. the final subsidy calculation plus administration fee.
The funding limits for the Tour Support component are as follows:
NEW: Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
Create and submit on Factor online system: a User Profile ((log-in data), an Applicant Profile (data of the person or the company who will be legally and financially responsible for the funded project) and an Artist Profile (something very similar to a CV, information on the artist and his work). No Application will be considered until the Artist Profile or Applicant Profile has been verified and given a Rating. Applicants are advised to ensure that the Artist Profile(s) and Applicant Profile have been created, submitted, and given a Rating well in advance of any deadline.
- 1submit a budget and/or complete project details online each time applicants apply for a component of their project, and to describe the goals, expected results, and timelines for completing each component and the project as a whole.
- 2complete and submit all other sections of the Completion (including Results, Component Information and Public Funding). In addition, to complete the component and receive the final payment (if any), recipients must:
- 3a cost report and supporting expense documentation are required upon Completion for virtual Tour components. Please refer to FACTOR’s Virtual Performances Guide for more information.
- 4submit up to three Letters of Direction, if they prefer to have FACTOR pay certain suppliers directly;
For in-person Tour components approved after April 1, 2020, a cost report and supporting expense documentation do not need to be submitted upon Completion. However, FACTOR reserves the right to request this information and perform a full or partial audit after reviewing the Completion. Failure to comply could result in a lowered offer or default status in the FACTOR system. Please ensure that you keep invoices, receipts, and proofs of payment for eligible costs.
All applications must include the Sound Recording component. Applicants may apply for any other component funding at the same time as the Sound Recording, or after the sound recording is approved. Multiple, repeat repeat component applications are possible as appropriate for the project’s timeline, subject to the program or annual limits.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materials created in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all your funding.
- 2In 2021 the program guidelines for 2021-2022 were released in May 2021.